Monday, February 13, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Today is a day of fog and hoarfrost. It's really gorgeous, so I brought the camera along on a walk.

Bedazzled birch trees.


In some places the fog had lifted, and there was sunshine and blue sky. In others, we could barely see 100 feet in front of us.

Heading back into the fog again.

It was nice to have some variation in what I honestly feel is a bit of a dull landscape. Monster wasn't quite as appreciative as me, though...

Eeeeeek! Who dumped an avalanche on me!?

Still, we can't just wander around and enjoy (or hate) the frost, we need to do something useful too.

Whoa! Can I come down now?

It may not look that impressive, but to Monster this rock is a bit too small. He can't fit comfortably on it without balancing a bit.

When I bring the camera along on walks, there really won't be much training though. I'm clumsy enough trying to keep track of Monster, Monster's leash, the clicker, the treats, the tug toy, and so on. With a camera taking up one hand, I've got no chance. And most of the photos come out like this:

Too late, sucker!

Which, when I think about it probably illustrates to you all just how bad my clicker timing is... No wonder Monster isn't learning any faster. Poor Monster.

The fact that everything today - even the air - is bright white and glittering isn't exactly helping my headache, but you can't have everything after all. It's really beautiful, and I'm not complaining.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.