Friday, February 24, 2012

Stormclouds

Today Monster has been very uneasy. I don't know if he's feeling unwell or what's wrong. Perhaps it's just that his stress has been building a little every day now that Dobie is here, piling on.

I drove Dobie home today, and left him for a few hours in his house so I could have some alone time with Monster. But I think it may actually have made it worse...? He was so nervy in the car, when I hit some gravel that made a noise under the car, he jumped straight up and whimpered. Later we were in the garden and he ran off to bark at the fence. I followed him and put my hand out to grab his harness, and he crept down low, jerked away, tucked his tail and ran away from me. I was horrified.

And this evening, a few hours after I'd picked Dobie up again, the fighting started again. I don't know what to do. I've separated the dogs of course, and Monster isn't badly injured (physically), but this is Hell.

Two more days with Dobie in the house.

If he's staying, I'm leaving!

Sounds good to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.