Monday, February 27, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Monster was fairly interested in training today. We even made some progress on hand targeting (went from him barely hitting my hand before backing off again to holding his nose in my hand for a couple of seconds) and impulse control (actually checked in with me when we approached the bait I'd placed, although still pulling towards it). Trying anything newer, stuff we haven't worked much on before, resulted in him shutting down every time though.

Still, he seems to be bouncing back faster than I'd hoped! It's enough for now that we can train on the oldies, we can work on getting his confidence back up gradually again.

Pity we'll have to pile on the stress again since we have to go to the vet's tomorrow...

We're going where!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.