Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dog Games, Part Deux

Quick and simple game today: Where's the doggy?

What? I'm right here dude.

This game is played by putting a blanket (or jacket, or whatever) over your head and letting the dog "find" you. I call it "Where's the doggy?" because that's what I said (whispered actually) the first time I did this, much as you do with a small child when you cover your face and ask where the child went. Monster loves this game, and will jump up on me and frantically try to dig my face out from whatever is covering it. Once he's "found" me he's so happy he almost ties himself into a knot, wagging his tail and jumping and running around.

Fun, quick and simple. What's it good for? No idea... Maybe it helps make your dog interested in keeping contact with you?

A note of warning though, as this is again a game which may be a problem to play with a large dog, at least if they get as into it as Monster does. You may need to set some rules about how the dog is allowed to dig you out, as well as how he's allowed to celebrate once he's succeeded.
(Black eyes and claw marks usually aren't what we're going for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.