Monday, February 13, 2012

Today's Sunshine

I don't really have much to say today either... I suppose I'll go with having trimmed Monster's nails. Not all of them, unfortunately, but about half. One front paw, and one back paw. Monster does not like having his nails trimmed, and fight me all the way through. Not violently, but trying to turn it into a game or just plain making it difficult. He'll lie down on top of his paws, for example, and he weighs quite a lot when you try to dig one out. Or he'll play "catch the clipper", and try to steal the clipper out of my hand. Or his absolute favorite, which is "a nail for a nail", where he'll bite one of my nails for each clip I make.

He gets increasingly frantic the longer we carry on, so I usually aim for one paw at a time. Today went pretty well however, and I managed almost two paws (one nail left on the back paw) before stopping. I don't want him to feel trapped when we're doing this, so I'm careful he doesn't go from playful/stressed to anxious. The goal is of course being able to do all his nails in one go.

Where'd the paw go? You can't fiiiind it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.