Friday, February 3, 2012

Today's Cloud

Dobie. Dobie, Dobie, Dobie....

Yeah, what?


I love him, but he sure doesn't make things easy for us. He spends Thursday-Friday with us every week, and what should be fun is really more of a chore. From the moment he steps through the door, his hackles are up and his tail is so tense it's vibrating. He spends his time claiming everything, from shoes to remote controls - not to mention me. Anything Monster looks at must immediately become Dobie's property.

Monster doesn't help, since he finds Dobie really interesting, but also really scary. So he'll try to find things to bring to Dobie to play with...

Look, I found some cardbo- oh, you want it?

Whatever they pick up, I take away, but there really won't be a lack of things in a house if they're willing to pick anything...

Plus, Dobie spends his nights wandering through the house, whining and howling, and barking at the windows (not because he's uncomfortable here, but because this is what he does, always). Meaning, I don't get much sleep. Meaning, my temper gets a little fried, and my reaction time is even slower than usual...

Still, he's family. Where else would he go...

Am I not welcome?

Sure you are, Dobie. Sure you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.