Friday, March 23, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Dobie has come and gone.

Helloooo there!



It was a very nice and relaxed visit. The dogs mostly kept to themselves, interacting very little, but that's fine. Monster's stressed behaviors from before are now nearly gone. He no longer stays in situations and winds up, instead choosing to leave and calm down. He did react once today, when Dobie began tensing and posing against him.

Come on, scrawny!

Monster showed signs of stress, panting, wide eyes, and tense head movements, and started diving for toys to show off to Dobie. I didn't step in, even though perhaps I should have, because I wanted to see if he could get himself out of it. He couldn't, at least not in the minute or so that I gave him. But when I told Dobie to back down (go lie down in the corner of the sofa), Monster relaxed immediately. Before he would have remained tense, most likely trying to follow Dobie and continue his over the top pacifying signals and play invites.

I realize this is far too little data to draw any conclusions from, but can I at least say it seems like it's a good sign?

Yeah, I can. Because this is my blog.

Say what now?

Fine. It's Monster's blog. But he agrees with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.