Friday, March 16, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Dobie was here today... That actually went very well! Monster did get a little intense in his play invites, but he didn't keep escalating. Dobie snapped after him a couple of times, but nothing major and Monster sort of just shrugged it off and moved away to go lie down somewhere else. Very low stress for a Dobie day.

It was actually nice for me too!


Then Monster and I took a trip to the forest. If I'm being honest, I'm kind of miserable here... I've lived here for years, and I've got no real complaints (except for the ticks! There are no ticks where I'm from, and I hate the little demons!), but I just can't get used to the landscape. It's all open. And flat. Yeah, I realize those are completely unreasonable complaints, but it really gets on my nerves! Home for me means forests, hills and streams. I thought I'd learn to feel at home here too, but it doesn't seem to be happening... So today we went on a little outing, and drove for an hour to get to a forest. It's a national park, so it's got trails and signs and bins and the like, but at least it's also got trees. Monster and I spent four hours there, and while I still sneak a glare or two at those strange looking trees, or frown a little at the strange bird calls, it really is a great feeling. I think Monster really likes it too, even though he actually grew up here so I guess he can't actually miss it.

That's... Exciting.



I also took the opportunity to swing by a large dog equipment store to pick up a few things. Among those a couple of durable frisbees, one rubber and one textile. I've bought some cheep frisbees for Monster before, and he has seemed to like them but none have lasted more than one or two tosses before they're in pieces. These last. And he really loooooooooves frisbees! Great new favorite reward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.