Sunday, March 18, 2012

Today's Cloud

Today was a difficult day... Nothing actually went wrong, at least no more than usual, but for some reason today really got to me.

Uh-huh... Fascinating. Please, whine some more!


Monster and I met a woman out walking this morning, on a narrow path. I realized Monster wasn't going to be able to pass her without probably scaring her with his rude behavior, so I veered off about 20-30 feet and stood there to let her pass. As she was even with us, Monster started pulling toward her. Not quite lunging, but jumping slightly forward on the leash and keeping it tight. I said hello, she said hello, and she walked on by. Monster never barked or growled, and just a few seconds after she'd walked past he turned and looked at me wondering what we were standing around for. So really not bad by Monster standards...

But it depressed the living daylights out of me. I don't know why? It just made me look at him and think "I'm never going to be able to trust you, I'm never going to be able to let you off leash, I'm never going to be able to walk you among people..." I don't actually believe any of these things are necessarily true, even! I accept that it's a possibility, but I do aim even higher than those basic things. So why these dark thoughts? I don't get it.

Because you're crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.