Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Science Fiction Weather Report

You know in a sci-fi movie, how planets can have two suns? No? You're not nerds? Well, I am so you'll have to take my word for it then. Today kind of had two sources of wonderful sunshine!

Nice and warm!

But. You know how maybe those two suns can have some weird radiation that's going to make you scaly or lose your memory? That might also be a part of today's weather report...

This morning on our walk, Monster and I spotted a group of other dogs who had stopped with their humans for a talk at the bottom of a hill. Monster and I immediately started BATting against them. Our first turn was about 200 yards away, but after perhaps six or seven attempts we were less than a hundred feet off. As I decided we were making our last pass, so I wouldn't push it too far, the group unfortunately split up and one of the dogs started walking towards us. Monster had just looked away, but we didn't have time to start walking away before the dog came towards us. I had to drag Monster away, and we had to end it on a bad note...

So, great that we got so close - to a whole bunch of strange dogs and people - but awful that I pushed it so far Monster eventually failed.

Then, this evening, Monster and I met with another person who also has a (gorgeous, gorgeous) dog with some reactivity issues, and we did a session together. It was very difficult for Monster, it was a new environment, and we had to get to the spot by following the other dog. But he did do great once we started working though. At closest I think he was perhaps 15 feet from the other dog... There were a few failures, where he went towards the dog instead of away when he was praised, but overall it was really great. And I was so grateful to the other person when she said she thought we should call it a day. I had noticed Monster was starting to get a tiny bit tired, but I didn't want to cut their training time after just 15-20 minutes, so it was great they wanted to stop by then too. Except, once I got to the car and checked a clock I realized we'd been at it for ninety minutes! I'm such an idiot, pushing Monster that hard...

I'm kinda sleepy, Mom...

So. Great things. Bad things. Scales etc... What's the sunshine, what's the cloud, who knows. Mix well and serve cold.

I may need some sleep too, I think...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.