Sunday, March 4, 2012

Today's Cloud

The Kid got a Bengal Cat today! I love cats, and Bengals especially. Unfortunately I'm allergic...

I spent an hour in their house today, thinking I might as well find out right away how bad it's going to be since I haven't been around cats in years and years. It's going to be bad. I didn't feel very much at first, just got a little sniffly towards the end of the visit, but I kept getting worse in the car on the way home. Once home I immediately got out of the clothes I'd worn and left them outside, took all my medicines, and got in the shower. No luck. Four hours later, I have trouble breathing, a pounding headache, everything itches, I feel nauseous (I don't remember nausea as a symptom before, have allergies become modernized?), and I can't lie down since it makes the breathing even harder. This sucks. Plus I'm allergic to dogs(!), dust mites, pollen, and lots of other annoying things too, and now I worry that the cat will make me more sensitive to everything else as well.

And The Kid's so proud and just wants to show off his new friend, but to be honest I feel like I never want to set foot in his house again...
(That's just the self pity talking, Kid, I don't mean it. I think.)

I have the perfect solution! Let me talk to the cat, and I can make all your problems go away!

I know these clouds are supposed to be more about Monster, I'm sorry. But my health affects him too (poor him), not to mention how much he loves The Kid. If we can't see him as much from now on it will be a tragedy for Monster too.

I really wish that cat allergy vaccine was on the market already! Who can wait three more years?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.