Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today's Cloud

Something's been nagging me lately. What if there's actually something wrong with Monster? I don't mean mental problems, his behaviors aren't unpredictable or confusing, I mean physical problems. So many dogs with behavior issues are actually in pain...

When Monster first started behaving like this, I took him to the vet's. They found nothing wrong with him, but I felt at the time they weren't all that interested in looking... It felt a bit like, "Well, what did you expect? You want him to behave differently, that's on you." Which: valid. But I still think they could have spent a few more minutes actually examining the dog. I never took him back (or rather, somewhere else), since he's never actually shown the slightest sign of physical discomfort. He never limps, he runs and jumps, and he'll let me touch him anywhere.... And I don't relish the thought of putting Monster through the stress of a vet's visit for nothing, not to mention again being told there's nothing physically wrong with him and now I owe them my car, my house, and my firstborn...

Still. What if there is something wrong with him?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.