Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Today's Cloud

My car, affectionately known as Tin Can, is sick... Today as I was picking The Kid up from school, I noticed white smoke rising from under the hood, and it smelled like burning oil. Gingerly lifting the hood (I'm a wuss, I always expect engines to explode), I saw that somehow the oil lid had come loose and oil had spurted up all over the engine... thingy.

Speaking to my sister, either I just hadn't tightened the lid carefully when I last filled up the oil or there's a blocked valve... thingy, causing high pressure and forcing the lid open. (Or possibly both? Or something else?) So, I should fill up the oil, tighten the lid carefully, and drive home and see how it went. Well, I'm home, I checked the lid and it's still tightly closed. But now I don't know if that means everything is all right? Monster and I have to go meet Teach tomorrow, how's that going to work if Tin Can won't cooperate? My sister said to drive, and if the car breaks down she'll come pick me up... That's not very reassuring.

Poor Tin Can. I wonder what's really wrong. Whatever it is, I bet it involves some kind of... thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.