Friday, June 15, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Today Monster and I met two children. Oh no! They each had a dog with them. Oh no! Monster spotted them, and I started winding the leash around my hand for a secure grip while steering him out in an angle (there was no real option to turn back, and there was more space if we went forward rather than stayed put). Monster kept glancing up at them, and I kept waiting for the point when he'd fixate and no longer respond to me. We kept walking. Kept walking. And... We'd passed them!

That was fun! Wanna go again?

We met them head on, albeit with Monster and I ten-fifteen feet off to the side of the road. We even said hello to each other! Monster was fully aware they were there, but it just worked!

I can't describe to you how great that felt! I do know that I'm going to depend too much on this one situation in the future, and expect things I'm fully aware I shouldn't, but it's worth it!

Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.