Thursday, June 7, 2012

Today's Cloud

There is a lot to do with the house before Monster and I can go north to my family home this summer. Much of it Monster can't be a part of, like when I'm trying to kill myself with a chainsaw. Or when I'm trying to kill myself on a ladder. Or trying to kill myself maneuvering a loaded trailer downhill. Or, let's be honest here, trying to kill myself wielding a screwdriver. Handy I am not...

Aha! I knew I couldn't have given you all those bruises!

But this means Monster spends quite a bit of time alone in the house, while he listens to me make a racket outside. This is stressing him out, because he's alone, because he's left out of activities, because he's getting much less attention, and because the noise and the changes are scary. Also, he'd really like to eat the chainsaw.

It keeps growling at me!





I'm not sure how to make this better for him. All the work needs to be done, and it's really far too dangerous for him to be underfoot. But it's not good for him to be alone and freaking out either...


2 comments:

  1. Do you ever give him something to entertain himself? Like a marrow bone or stuffed Kong toy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not when he's left alone. He gets things like that sometimes when we're just having a boring day at home, but if he's alone he'll neither eat nor drink so treats wouldn't do anything for him then...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.