Monday, May 28, 2012

Today's Cloud

We were walking past a neighbor's garden when I saw him come outside with his two Dalmatians. I called a hello, both to be polite and make sure he'd spotted me walking by with a dog. He said hello back, Monster looked at him and the dogs when he heard it, and while he did tense up and become a little excited he did look away again and keep moving. Unfortunately one of the other dogs rushed the fence to stare at us, and Monster stopped and turned to look. He was still fairly calm, but he wasn't ready to move on right that second. Even more unfortunately, the other dog also came over at that point, barking his head off, and the owner yelled after him - both things making the situation too much for Monster. I started trying to maneuver him away (by straddling him and trying to frogmarch him down the street), while the neighbor was simultaneously apologizing to us and trying to get control over his dogs. What he couldn't know of course was that to Monster it made the whole thing even worse, both that he was looking at us and addressing us, and that he was correcting his dogs (verbally and physically). It took quite a bit of wrestling to get a screaming Monster away from there, and no doubt yet another neighbor has gained a bad impression of Monster.

I'm going to EAT YOUR FACE! And then I'm coming for your dogs too...


It's so incredibly unfortunate, as it looked very promising at first when Monster was able to ignore the man and the two dogs... It still looked promising when he just wanted to look at the first dog rushing the fence... But no, it wasn't to be.

But... It wasn't my fault!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.