Monday, May 21, 2012

Monster Summer

Summer's really here.

Err... Mom, did you "forget" to mow the lawn again?


Cats are frying in the road, birds are panting in the tree tops, and Monster is dying.

Kinda hot out today, isn't it?

It's becoming a problem to walk him, because he gets quite affected by the heat.

No, seriously, there's something wrong with the weather, right?

And for some reason he hates to drink. He always resists the call of the water bowl, and he won't drink from streams either. He drinks enough to survive (so far), but not really enough to cool off.

You know... Walking's overrated. You go on, I'll stay here.

I wet him down and I feed him ice (he likes ice, at least sometimes), but once he becomes too warm he'll start to pace and wind himself up rather than staying calmly in a cool spot. I've seen him thump down in the middle of the sunniest part of the lawn and just lie there and whine - ten feet away from rocky shade!

COME ON!!! With or without you, I'm going home!

How does this breed survive in Italy, is Monster's heat coping mechanism broken somehow?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.