Monday, May 14, 2012

Today's Cloud

What progress I saw around people today was balanced out by Monster's backslide around vehicles...

He's lunged at a couple of cars today, a motorbike and a truck. I could tell he was getting ready to do it, but had nowhere to go in time to get away. When the truck was coming toward us we were next to a steep bank, I grabbed Monster by the harness and pushed him out toward the side as far as I could go (not because I think it helps him relax, but simply so we won't end up in the road once he lunges), but that wasn't very far and of course also meant he ended up much higher than me. So when the trucked passed and Monster lunged I had no power to hold him, and I was pushed down the bank where I landed on an extended knee. I kept a hold on Monster, but it took a couple of minutes before I could get up off the ground and limp home on a burning knee...

His reactivity to traffic may be a bigger problem than I had thought.

Naah, I'm just doing it for fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.