Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy, Happy Day!

I've just had the most wonderful experience with Monster! We've gone for a walk along with a Big Bad! Successfully!

Big What? What are you talking about? What!? ME?!?

That's right, Dobie. Monster and Dobie have been kept apart for quite a while now, since Dobie just wouldn't stop attacking Monster... What little they've seen of each other at a distance has been filled with hostile posturing and outright aggression. But tonight we went for a walk. And do you know who had the most problems with this? Dobie! That's right, Monster for the win!

And the crowd goes wild!


While I won't claim Monster was entirely relaxed, the one who dictated distance was Dobie. At the distance (15-20 feet) where Dobie could walk under some control, while still staring and occasionally lunging slightly at Monster, Monster was walking on a relaxed full length leash, sniffing the ground and busily ignoring Dobie altogether. How about that, people!

What're you so excited about? Nothing to it, really...

He did have a bit of a problem when we walked along a tractor lane for a couple of minutes. I've no idea what that was about, but while we were on that lane we had to increase the distance to nearly 50 feet or Monster would turn on Dobie quite aggressively. But as soon as we turned onto another road, the behavior was completely gone again! Weird...

You only say that cause you're not a dog... You just don't get it!


Now, I know Dobie is - in spite of all the problems associated with him - not the same as a strange dog. And I also know that what I'm so excited about as a successful walk would be a complete nightmare to someone else. But for me, this was really amazing! Unless you've struggled with something like this, you just don't know how depressing it gets sometimes... Tonight gave me a much needed glimpse of a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's such a high you would never believe it if I tried telling you. So I won't. But still. Such a high!

Uh-huh... Could you wind down now? I want to take a nap...


Such a high, people! Like you wouldn't believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.