Sunday, February 17, 2013

Barking Mad!

Monster is not a barking dog. Normally... But the manic crazy from yesterday has continued today,and he's been simply... Insane. He's run from window to window, barking at the outside world, at the walls, at the furniture, at me, at anything, everything and nothing. We've been unable to even leave the yard, as he would attack anything and anyone. Never mind people and dogs, he'd lunge at sounds, flying birds, the wind, absolutely anything. A bird flew over high overhead and Monster leapt straight up into the air, just *sproing* - like a Jack Russel - and kicked me in the head! I haven't been able to reach him at all, and whenever he's calmed himself enough to lie down he's kept a continuous whine under his breath until he had to get back up and start over again. Why? I don't know...

Eeeeeoooooeeeeoooooeeeeee! The mothership is landing! The voices told me!


And then. Suddenly. He looked at me again early evening. No longer were just the lights on, there was someone home again. He was still agitated, but I could reach him and communicate. We started doing some training exercises and some nose work, and he calmed down further. We've just been out for a late walk (finally!) and he was almost back to normal again, apart from pulling a bit much on the leash.

Alright, I'm focusing. What did you want?

What the hell was that?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.