Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today's Sunshine

We accidentally walked up to another dog today, while out walking. It was tied outside a house, sitting alone by a tree, and I didn't see it until we were just a few yards away - when it started barking at us. Monster did react, of course, pulling on the leash and sort of muttering. But no barking, growling, or screaming, and no lunging! I turned back around and walked off the way we came (walking past the dog would have been pushing our luck, I think, not to mention it would have been cruel to the poor guy who was all alone and couldn't get away if we scared him), and Monster followed pretty willingly. He remained excited for about a minute, and showed interest in going back, but he never fixated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.