Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today's Cloud

Definitely a bitch in heat. Or possibly 100 bitches in heat.

He keeps demanding to go outside, but once there he'll just sniff around and drool. After having been out, he's hopeless when back inside. Even after a long walk, with lots of tasks and hard work, he'll still start whining and pacing as soon as we get home.

Well, I say whining, but that's not really the right word for it. Cane Corsos can whine, but their goto sound is more of a toy car burglar alarm. I used to think it was cute. Meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep... I may be changing my mind.
(Or losing it.)

However, now that I'm sure what's going on, we'll see if I can turn it around. At first I thought something could be wrong (he's only 18 months after all, I haven't had a lot of experience with how he deals with this - all dogs are different), so I was more concerned with figuring it out than making it stop. Perhaps his stomach was upset, for example. Bad idea to deny him the opportunity to go outside (unless you enjoy cleaning). But today I'm convinced, so now the counter attack begins.


If it works, he keeps his balls. Otherwise, they will be up for consideration.
(I'm against neutering dogs for reasons other than their own well being, but if a dog can't function - can't think about anything else - when he smells a bitch in heat, it's for his own good that he won't have to go through that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.