Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's Sunshine

We've been having some workers in the house again today. It seemed like a good idea to have windows which actually close before winter comes...

Yeah... I remember winter...

They're unfortunately terrified of all dogs, so you can maybe imagine how they feel about Monster. Poor guys...

But, Monster's actually been pretty good about it! I've kept him on leash at all times, and made sure to move off to the side whenever one of the guys are coming in our direction. We've spent a bit of time just sitting out of reach and watching them work, and Monster's actually relaxed and ignored them! Even more impressive, he's actually taken an interest in them when they've made some particularly strange noise - and then he's just sighed and turned his back on them again! For Monster it's pretty impressive to wind back down again once something has triggered his interest - I'd consider it far more normal to just keep tensing up and driving himself off the edge. Even when one of the guys repeatedly turned toward him, stared and said "Wooof-woof-woof!", Monster just looked at him and didn't react! (The guy was just trying to deal with his own fear, so I couldn't get too mad about it. Plus I don't speak Polish so it would've been practically impossible to ask him to stop. At least in a polite way.)

Actually, I thought he was kind of funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.