Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Monster Is IN!

So. After another grueling 14-hour drive (where I got lost twice, once only 20 minutes away from home!) we're back to civilization. Just before we left I dropped my e-reader, while away I crashed a 2 TB drive, my laptop gave its final breath, I had to have Tin Can in for repairs four (!) times, and I arrived home without my camera. Shortly after setting foot in our (smelly) house (there was a DEAD BAT in the bathroom!!) I was down with a nasty cold I must have picked up along the way (I knew that Subway place looked uncharacteristically shabby...), and staggering about in a fever daze after an attempted Monster walk (do not walk reactive Monsters with a high fever, you'll soon find yourself face first in the mud with no idea what happened) I dropped my mobile phone on the floor and then promptly stepped on it producing a satisfyingly crunchy sound... Welcome home: gas tank, wallet and immune system all pointing to "empty". Awesome.

Aaaaanyway, Monster is fighting to break down the walls to get out and have some fun, while I'm fighting to get some air into my congested lungs. I'm too wiped out to do more than the bare necessities for him, which is stressing both of us out. I hate being sick.

You hate it!? I'm the one suffering - you're practically unconscious.

And with the loss of both camera and hard drive there's going to be some serious recycling of already used photos for a while (like until I win the lottery). Good thing Monster's so handsome you never get tired of looking at him!

I fully intend to have killed this cold tomorrow, so count the blog as live again.

(Well, maybe the day after that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.