Monday, October 22, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Monster and I spent some time outside today, standing on an abandoned field in the village and doing some relaxation training. It wasn't what any of you would consider advanced - no one walked by in the time we were out there, certainly no dogs! The only things happening were a few cars driving by and some people within sight working in their gardens. But for Monster that's not so easy to ignore...

You can't trust them, but don't worry - I'll keep watch!

But he did slowly relax, and when he lay down on his side and sniffed the grass I counted it as a win and went back home. Eventually we'll be able to hang out there on a Saturday afternoon, with kids and dogs running all around and Monster not caring one bit. Eventually...

Calm enough for you? Now can I get up and attack?

It's a lot easier to get Monster to offer "relaxed" as a rewardable behavior than it is to get him to actually relax, though. That's on me, for trying to guide him into what's expected of him, and for giving up too soon (and picking far too great challenges). I'll work on that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.