Monday, April 23, 2012

Today's Cloud

I'm losing ground. I keep trying to keep up, but I'm not trying hard enough. Monster is losing interest in the boring clump dragging the other end of the leash, ignoring me again for the much more interesting rest of the world.

Today he lunged at a passing semi, nearly dragging both of us into the road. He'd stopped doing that a while ago.

He lunged at a dog about 300 feet away from us, moving away from us, and kept doing it until the dog was out of sight. He hasn't been reacting like that in months.

He pulls on the leash. He tries to look over garden fences of the houses we pass by. He stops to smell an interesting spot, completely ignoring my halfhearted attempts to move us along. He's started taking rewards from my hands instead of performing for them.

If the pollen season doesn't blow over soon, we're going to be back on square one...

Oh, come on! I'm adorable!

Actually, that's not true. If I don't pull myself together soon, regardless of circumstances and whiny excuses, we're going to be back on square one. I've been allergic for 25 years, I should be able to deal with it by now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.