Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today's Sunshine

Monster and I met Teach again this afternoon. Overall, I'd say it... didn't go that well. I had trouble finding the correct moment to praise and turn, Monster was all over the place mentally, and we didn't get as close to the staged dog as we've been able to get in earlier sessions.

What do you mean, "all over the place"?


So why is this posted as Sunshine?

Because Monster had fun. Some days, that's important to remember. I may not be seeing amazing progress. Monster may spend more time jumping to headbutt me (or Teach) and chewing on the leash than he does walking nicely towards and away from the dog. He may even freak out and lunge toward the dog when he does bother looking at it. But through it all, even the lunging, he was happy. Sure, he was Monster-happy, which usually means there's a bruise or twelve in the future for me, but I don't need to have an easy dog as long as I can have a happy one.

DONE!!!

But... maybe next time he can be a little bit easier too? Just a little...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.