Friday, April 20, 2012

Lazy Blogsmanship (Again)

Yes, I've been neglecting the blog again. I've fallen off the coffee wagon, blaming it on things like "I need it, because in pollen season I get sooooo sleepy" and "Well, my brother drinks two cups of coffee every two hours, it's impolite to not join him"...

These things are true, coffee helps against the allergic perma-doze and my brother drinks copious amounts. But while I love coffee, my body simply can't tolerate it. In spite of not drinking any later than 9 am (for the later coffee breaks I'd just have sympathy tea - red or green, no caffeine - while Roar drank a whole coffee plantation's worth), I cannot sleep. I go to bed around 2 am, toss and turn, and give up around 6. I'm now so sleep deprived I'm literally dizzy.

My brain is already parked in neutral with all the infernal pollen flying around, I don't need to deliberately add to my cognitive difficulties! No more coffee since yesterday (when my brother left for home) and by this evening I'm actually sleepy, not just tired. Unfortunately I'm also in caffeine withdrawal and have a splitting headache... Still, I'm planning on getting to bed within the hour and sleeping until at least 7 tomorrow morning.

Aren't you forgetting something? Or someone?


So what does this have to do with Monster, the real reason we're all here? My mental and physical state affects him too, of course, and I've been more or less neglecting him lately. I find going on walks difficult (I can't breathe with all the pollen), when we do get out I'm confused and distracted, more or less just a lump of tired barely hanging on to one end of the leash. No fun for Monster, and actually potentially hazardous as I'm not attentive enough to spot trouble before it's already too late. Training is a joke, I miss the reward moments, I forget what we're even doing, and I give up for just about anything. In short, I suck.

Time to change that! I can't stop breathing pollen, but I can stop drinking coffee. I think.

Imagine having to live with this...



I'm rambling, aren't I? So tired. I'll do better tomorrow. Remind me to tell you about yesterday's meeting with Teach, Monster got to meet a very scary stuffed toy dog. Should have brought my camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.