Friday, December 23, 2011

Today's Cloud

Two things cloud today. Firstly, I'm not spending enough time with Monster. We don't go for walks, we don't train on any tricks. The only training he gets is relaxation training when new people come to the house (this is not like our calm home, there are people in and out of this house all the time)... I was going to say that it's because of Christmas, there's so much to do, etc. But that's not the truth. The truth is that I haven't made time, it's as simple as that.

Mom doesn't even remember what this thing is...


Secondly, I think I'm being too hard on Dobie. His behavior towards Monster makes me dislike him, which isn't fair. He is as he is, and the situation is difficult for him too. Not to mention, it's not always Dobie who's starting the fight. Plus, he's three years older and better trained (somewhere Dobiemom is snickering in a combination of pride and irritation), he has a better stay and is easier to banish to another room...

It's just things like this morning, when Monster (who sleeps in my bedroom) and I got up. Monster and Dobie met in the kitchen, and when Monster spotted Dobie he approached him with his tail low and wagging, his ears in a soft back/down, his head lowered so he was looking up, and reached up and licked Dobie in the corners of his mouth... And Dobie raised his hackles and lunged at him. This kind of thing makes me lose my patience!

But no, now I'm trying to make excuses for blaming everything on Dobie and taking it out on him. He's not my dog (although I do love him), and I suspect I'm not seeing things with unbiased eyes. I need to stop caring about blame and start focusing on making things easier for everyone.

Plus, when Dobie sleeps he looks like an old man taking a nap!

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and four more people are cramming into the house. Hooray, that will make everything so much easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.