Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Today's Sunshine

Let me tell you something: I love being single. Love! It! And I know, a lot of people reading this are going to shake their heads and call me bitter, or maybe just in denial - because we're meant for that ideal fairytale pairing; it is the only way to truly find happiness! Yeah, right... Look, if you're in a relationship and you're happy, good for you. I'm happy for you! Still don't want it for myself though. And there are a lot of reasons why, but since this is a dog blog I have something specific in mind right now: because I live alone I don't have to explain and justify to anyone why there's a big inflatable double mattress taking up most of the floor space in the living room! (Yeah, one of those uncomfortable things you give to guests you don't want staying very long...) There's no argument over how sensible it is to have this big, ugly thing in the way for something as "silly" as dog exercise. Nope, all my decision. And it feels great!

[I meant to put a picture of Monster on the mattress here, but since the computer crash has led to me not having the software installed to process the photos right now an old, non-apropos photo will have to do.]

Just cause I'm pretty!


I bought one on sale, and I've inflated it just to the point where it keeps its shape but is still quite soft, and I have Monster move and perform on it. He is quite poorly muscled, especially in the rear, and that becomes a negative spiral where he puts more weight in the front because he's weak in the back, further underdeveloping his hind quarters. That's bad for him, and since we live where we live (no forests here, limited off leash opportunities, mostly roads to walk on, etc) I have to try to find an artificial way to force him to use his hind legs more and hopefully build some muscle. I can't tell you yet if it's working, but I can tell you that I truly appreciate the freedom to just do as I please and occupy a large part of the living room "just" to build a gym for my dog. Plus, when the exercise is over I can just plug it in and inflate it some more, ant it becomes a comfy (according to Monster) dog bed! Not sure how long it's going to put up with his claws, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

And not to send you to couples' therapy or anything, but... Think about it - don't you want a dog gym too?

If I run in the tall grass more, can we keep the mattress comfy all the time?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.