Saturday, November 23, 2013

Today's Cloud

Honestly, today's been pretty good! Although, when we came home from grocery shopping some people out walking their dogs had stopped to chat with the neighbors over the fence, and when I loaded Monster out of the car he did tense up at them and wanted to get a closer look (which would have been too much for him). After yesterday that feels so normal it's barely worth noticing, but the key truly lies in being successful in the small things - that's when the big issues can be dealt with. I was tired and carrying a heavy bag, and I should have planned things out better. I saw them as we drove past, I even thought something along the lines of "Aw, man, now I have to deal with that too!"... So I should have taken Monster out separately and gone back for the shopping. Perhaps I could even have used the situation as an opportunity for half a minute's training, if I'd only been active in the situation and thought ahead. Instead of moaning and complaining, reacting instead of planning, and setting Monster up for failure.

Well. This wasn't such a small thing after all...

See? I told you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.