Sunday, November 24, 2013

Today's Cloud

Woke up with a pounding headache this morning, and it's stubbornly stuck with me all day. It laughs at painkillers. Going for walks has been agony, and playing with Monster has been nearly impossible. I also worry that it affects my attention and I'll miss an approaching trigger... Today has been a brightly sunny day, which is a rare thing in dreary November, and add that to it being Sunday it means there has been an unusual number of people out and about. I've cut the walks down to a minimum, most of them less than half an hour long and only one more than an hour. We've had some close calls and I've had to adjust our intended route quite a few times, but fortunately we've managed to keep the distances Monster needs. I do my best on days like these, but they really gnaw on my conscience. I can't explain to Monster why I'm so lazy and boring, and no doubt the pain also affects how I treat him (it's hard to be patient with barking when your head seems to be about to explode, for example).

Come on, let's play!


It also makes today quite a missed opportunity, since the nice weather and the few hours of daylight this time of year means a lot of simultaneous activity all around our house. Excellent chance to train focus and calm around distractions, while in a controlled environment. Sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.