Monday, April 1, 2013

Starting The Day Off Right

This morning I got up at six - it should have been five, but thanks to daylight savings it sort of was five - and went for a walk with Monster. Or, to be more precise, a hobble. A veeeeeery slow one. Thanks to it being Easter I was relatively confident we'd be out alone (we were) even though it wasn't as early as I'd originally planned. Monster was well behaved on leash and didn't pull me. I meant to time the "walk", but forgot about it as I left so I can only guess how long we were out... I'd say about 20-25 minutes? Felt a lot longer, though. I've measured our distance on a map and we covered an impressive 436 meters! Wow... Now I'm in throbbing, swelling pain in my ankle, which isn't very pleasant. The walk itself wasn't very pleasant either - but I did it, and I made it home! Hopefully this does me more good than bad (damn doctors at the ER would hardly tell me anything, I have pretty much no idea what I should be trying to do and not!), but according to the all-knowing Dr. Internet it's good to use a broken ankle as much as you can manage, keeping the blood flow going and keeping at least some of the muscles from atrophying... I have to honestly say I don't think I can do more than I managed this morning, but I can at least do that much. It wasn't a very long walk, in time or distance (especially distance), but it was something. And I think Monster was happy about it, even though he was very confused when we turned back home again...

Look at me, Mom! This is how you do it, run!


Poor Monster... I'm at my limit, he's bored. This is going to be a long, slow spring...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.