Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Leg's Still Broken!

Sorry about not updating the blog much lately! Apart from our days being fairly repetitive, there's also a problem for me sitting in the desk chair by the computer. There's nowhere to put my leg up, and the chair being on wheels quickly makes... I dunno, something(?) ache.
(There, now you can't be mad at me, I pulled the "broken leg"-card!)

She does it to me too! I'm working my tail off here...


One thing I find incredibly annoying with my leg like this (apart from all the other millions of things which annoy me about a broken ankle) is how bound I am to certain pieces of furniture. Stuck in one position. I figured all this boring sitting around-time could be put to good use by making some treats for Monster. So, said and done:

[Monster:] Mmmmmm... *drool*


It takes a while to cook a turkey, and then it's a big, horrible mess with stripping the meat and cutting it into tiny treat bites. Excellent use of my time! Except... I usually sit on the floor to do this - I'm a vegetarian and I just don't want all that grease and, you know, corpsiness, to get on my table or work surfaces. I wavered a little this time, since it's kind of hard for me to sit down on the floor right now. Not to mention painful once I'm down. But my dislike for non-vegetarian protein (sounds so much better than "dead animals", right?) convinced me to do as usual. After an hour on the floor the turkey was stripped and packed away into plastic bags. Then followed The Question.

Mom... How are you going to get back up?


Yeah, that one! Let's just say I'm glad no one had a camera on me for that little exercise. Hands covered in turkey grease, one leg in a cast: how not to limit yourself if you want to get up off the floor.

In other, (slightly) less complainy, news I'm trying to find ways to have fun with Monster which allow me to stay seated. Bonus if it's also a bit of a workout for him. I've tried filming one such exercise, but as usual you'll see I'm not a particularly skilled videographer...



This is Monster basically not using an inflatable elephant as a position box. We normally do this in the living room, but the cheap video camera I have can't handle the low light so I moved us outside. Monster clearly thinks that's a bizarre idea and isn't overly interested in showing off how we usually do this exercise. It also doesn't help that I'm sitting off to the side, and completely (and repeatedly) fail to throw the treats so he can catch them. Obviously the flaw is my distance to the elephant, so Monster very cleverly decides to fix the issue for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.