Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today's Cloud

Sorry people, it's time for Monstermom's whiny hour again...

Oh, come on! Who's this blog supposed to be about again?


I've been back to the physical therapist again for a checkup on the progress of my broken ankle today. Great news: she was concerned with some of the pain I was describing and checked the records from my ER visit, turns out not only did I have a broken ankle but I'd also dislocated the joint. As it turns out this is most likely now a problem, the joint appears unstable and tissue slides into the gap and gets crushed. All I can tell you is that it hurts like a... lady dog. Right now I'm clinging to the hope that if I do my exercises the foot will stabilize and the joint will heal on its own, but I need to be prepared for the possibility that it will need to be corrected. Hooray.

Hang on... Are you saying you won't be able to walk again!?


In other news: PTs are all sadists, right? They must be, in order to be able to inflict that kind of pain on someone with so little effort... Not to mention how they sit around and think up horrific exercises they force people to do! I used to take The Kid to a PT for about six months, and he'd scream and complain (mostly exaggerated for a joke) the whole time - I thought his PT was unusually cruel, but it turns out they all are like that. Who knew?

You want me to have a little talk with her?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.