Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Today's Cloud

Whenever something goes well with Monster, especially if it's beyond my expectations, I lose my head. I look at all the fun and interesting classes we could attend, looking up times and prices, planning our schedule, and so on. It's counterproductive, and once I come back down to the ground again I get depressed. We can't take regular classes until Monster can handle it, that's all there is to it. Wishing things were different won't change anything for the better. Maybe one day we'll be able to do "normal" things, and maybe we won't. I need to make the best of the situation we're in - and make sure I enjoy the good things, instead of letting them provoke me into dreaming of more. More, more, more; that's greedy.

Wait, are you saying I'm not good enough?


No, I'm not saying that - and that's my point. Or at least it became the point as I was writing. Some things with Monster are tough but I never wish I had another dog. I may wish I was better at dog training, but I'm not disappointed in Monster. I never regret buying him, no matter how much easier another dog could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.