Thursday, January 24, 2013

Today's Cloud

On the same walk as the one mentioned in the sunshine post, we also met a woman. She was sort of hiding behind a car, staring at Monster and looked kind of stiff. Most likely she was afraid of him, unfortunately. Monster sort of fixated on her right away, but he also managed to keep a decent heel position, give me eye contact, and take treats. But as we were level with her he did a sort of jump in her direction... It honestly wasn't particularly bad by Monster standards, it was just one quick lunge and he had no difficulty following me as we walked away. He didn't bark, snap, or growl, or do anything threatening like that. But as I got the impression that woman was afraid of us even before he did anything, I really felt bad about it anyway...

Afraid of me?! But I'm super cute! Plus, she was the scary one, lurking and staring like that...

I may be focusing on the wrong thing - after all it's pretty good to be able to walk past her at all. But some days it really wears on you to have a dog who's reactive to people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.