Thursday, December 13, 2012

Today's Cloud

Monster is having real problems with the cold. I don't know why this cold spell is so difficult for him, but he's really not dealing with it well. Going for walks is a real problem, since after about 5-10 minutes his paws start to cramp up from the cold. Unfortunately he needs at least a 30 minute walk before he can even begin to start thinking about doing his business... Meaning I've got a frozen dog, frantic from the lack of exercise, with a serious blockage going on. Yesterday he first stopped walking on his rear left leg, and soon stopped and lifted his front left leg off the ground too (it looked hilarious, although I realize I'm headed for hell for laughing at him when he was suffering real physical discomfort - still, I wish I'd had a camera with me). He stood like that for a little while (I didn't even know he could do that!), and then he tried to walk. Needless to say, he fell over. Poor guy.

I don't recall giving you permission to tell this story...?

I meant to go get him some shoes. But it turns out Tin Can doesn't appreciate the cold either, and won't start. I tried putting some of my own socks on Monster, but a) he won't walk with them on, and b) when I force him to walk anyway the socks fall off... Fortunately the cold is set to break tomorrow. Hopefully I can persuade Tin Can to start, so I can make some preparations for the rest of this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.