Thursday, December 13, 2012

Today's Sunshine

I may be a bit rusty? Or I simply can't think of anything because nothing good happened today? That seems unlikely, though: nothing good happened? How bad would a day need to be for that to be true?

Dunno... Bad?

Let's see... I was woken up repeatedly last night, because Monster was asking to be let under the bed covers with me - it may not be good, strictly speaking, but it's kind of charming, right? See, my house isn't what you'd call well insulated. In fact, during this cold spell there have been icicles forming around the front door... And my bedroom window isn't one of those fancy models which actually, you know, close. So, in a way, it may be fair to say it gets slightly chilly in here at times.

Chilly. Freezing cold. It's all nuances, right?

So Monster wants to sleep not only in my bed (seriously, why did I spend money on a bed just for him, he wants to sleep crowded), but now also under the covers. Which is fine by me, I know it's cold, I'm not unreasonable. But, I practically run a fever when I sleep. Meaning, after about half an hour, Monster needs a bit of fresh air to cool off, and some water. But soon he's cold again, and wants back under the covers. And so goes our nights. It may not be what you'd really call "good news". But you'll have to settle for "charming" while I warm back up to blogging. (Or, if you're my mother, you'll have to settle for "revolting"...)

I wish it was summer again. No one kicks me when I sleep on the couch...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.