Monday, September 30, 2013

Aaaargh, disaster!

Complete, utter computer failure. Lost three hdds (out of four), lost all photos (they were backed up, but unfortunately it wasn't just one that failed), can't access my accounts (had passwords and account info backed up on the other backup drive - which also failed), and it may take a little while before I've got my hands on new drives, reinstalled the OS (etc, etc - you don't know what you've got till it's gone, right...), and figured out all the things which need figuring out. Monster's been a big help in keeping me moderately sane through this, although his interest in also helping when I'm elbow deep in computer guts is slightly less appreciated... Well, silver lining and all that... I guess... Maybe now I can take a stab at my massive backlog in my gmail account (sooooo sorry everyone!), since that's pretty much the only password I've figured out so far? And... Hey, savings are for chumps, spending is fun - plus my new drives will be a lot more... modern! Yeah, it's not so bad.

All those puppy pictures of Monster, though... But, at least some of them are uploaded to the blog (albeit in smaller size)! Yay!

Oh, God, the insurance photos of the house...

Well, never mind that right now: this is written on my nephew's tablet, which he doesn't part from easily - meaning I won't be blogging again until I've got a computer up and running (yes, I still have one functioning drive but I'd rather not format that to a primary since then I'd really have lost all my stored data, so new drive(s) it is). Admittedly that's probably not that big a difference from how well I keep the blog updated anyway these days, but I thought you should know anyway.


I make everything better!


That's very true, Monster.


2 comments:

  1. Omg I love this blog!!! Don't tell me you're not blogging anymore? I just found this, after someone telling me about it, and I've been reading now for some time - love it! Please continue blogging, because this is great stuff. Love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, shame on me... I have been seriously neglecting the blog lately (and if you've been looking through the blog history you'll have spotted that it's not even the first time I've done it), but I'll try to do better!

      Hopefully you haven't given up on us while I was being lazy. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.