Saturday, August 10, 2013

Err... Hello...

So. Let's just say I've had some sort of miniature nervous breakdown, specifically related to spending time on the computer, and it's in no way my fault. OK?

...


Yeah, didn't think so... How about this: sorry. I'll try to do better!

Hmm...


Fine, OK, I won't be doing better right now exactly... But I'm thinking about it! And it's the thought that counts after all.

!


All right, all right! Here's the thing: the nervous breakdown isn't exactly wrong really, although obviously exaggerated... I've really been struggling with some sort of strong aversion to sitting down by the computer, presumably from having spent so much time here when I was stuck in a cast. That's not an excuse though, I should do better even if I don't feel like it. And the part about being sorry really is true! Also, a while back my sister asked me to dig them a garden pond while they went away on holiday. They life on stiff clay soil, making it quite hard work to dig there. So I spent all day every day at their place digging, until they got back home. At which point they all stood around and stared and asked me incredulously why I made it so big!? (It was smaller than the outline they'd given me before they left, due to some irrigation pipes and the like I had to work around... I was rather annoyed.) And after that the pile of dirt had to be removed as well, which even with help took quite some time. We did fill it with water a couple of days ago though, so now it's finally finished - well, my part of the work is anyway. They still need to finish the edges with whatever they decide, but I'm finally free of it anyway. Unfortunately now they're apparently using it as a swimming pool and don't want to put the fish and plants in... They already have a swimming pool, it's larger (5x12 meters) than the new pond (~5x7 meters), and while the pond may be slightly deeper in some places (the pool is 1,6 meters deep, and on average the pond is probably slightly shallower since there are shelves for the plants) I can't really see why the pond should be better. I think they're just doing it to annoy me... Ah, who cares. The pond is dug, my entire body still aches (oh, back! oh, my feet! oh, my hands!) but at least I'm finished with it. Now, though, I'm leaving.

Wait, whaaaat?


Yep, time to head up North for a little while. It's very late this year, but I can't really not go and now most chores are done here it's definitely time. This year we won't be away as long though! But same situation as last year, (usable) Internet hasn't really made it out to the sticks where I'm from so you won't be seeing much from us for a little while again. See, isn't it a good thing I've been weaning you off updates on this blog already? I'm so thoughtful!

Never mind her, she's just broken... You get used to it.


While I was digging my sister's pond Monster was hanging out with me. They live a little more isolated than we do, and much of their yard is fenced in (while there are gaps in the fence they don't face anything interesting - like the road - and Monster doesn't wander) so he got to walk around free all day. I liked that (I'm still working on the fence around our garden, but still not finished), and in fact that was the main reason I agreed to do the digging: Monster got some freedom. Unfortunately I wound up far too exhausted from the digging (and the heat!) to be able to make much use of the opportunity for off leash training, but he did enjoy the freedom anyway. He also helped me out a bit:




(I know it's an awful video. But that cannot possibly be news to anyone who's ever watched something I've filmed before - it's simply not one of my talents. At all. In this one I'm also prattling on non stop. Awesome. New ways to get worse rather than better... But I stand by my ultimate point, which is: anything with Monster in it is good, even if I've tried my best to ruin it.)

There, that's all the Monster you're getting for a while. Sorry. I'll shape up! (Eventually...)

2 comments:

  1. Lite Monster är bättre än inget Monster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det har du förstås rätt i! Ni stackare som inte har Monster hos er jämt måste ju få er fix på nåt sätt, jag måste komma ihåg att försöka förgylla era dagar lite mer regelbundet! ;)

      Delete

Leave a comment, it's free!

Comments are moderated in order to weed out spam, pointlessness, and shocking behavior quite beyond the pale! They're not moderated to make me look good, though - you have my gracious permission to call me an idiot.